Live train times
See live arrival and departures from Oxford to Banbury Trains train station. Here you’ll find platform numbers, live train times and route information for all services to and from Oxford to Banbury Trains.
Oxford to Banbury Journey Information
- How much does it cost to get from Oxford to Banbury?
- Train tickets from Oxford to Banbury start from £5.30 for a single ticket. We recommend that you book in advance to find the cheapest tickets.
- How long does it take to get from Oxford to Banbury by train?
- The train from Oxford to Banbury takes as little as 17 minutes. The journey time may vary during weekends and holidays. This train service is direct too, so there is no need to change trains on this journey.
- How often do trains leave from Oxford to Banbury?
- There are 49 trains per day that leave from Oxford to Banbury every 30 minutes. This may vary on weekends and holidays.
- Where can I check the journey times for trains from Oxford to Banbury?
- Use the journey planner on this page or download our app for live train times here.
- How far is it from Oxford to Banbury by train?
- The distance between Oxford and Banbury is 21 Miles (34 km).
- When is the first train from Oxford to Banbury?
- The first direct train from Oxford to Banbury departs at 05:20.
- What time is the last train from Oxford to Banbury?
- The last direct train from Oxford to Banbury departs at 23:05.
- Are season tickets available from Oxford to Banbury?
- Yes, season tickets are available on trains from Oxford to Banbury. Monthly Money Saver prices start from just £212.80. Find out if a season ticket is right for you here. Chiltern offer the best available price on season tickets for this journey.
There may be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to check timings for specific trains. Download our train timetable here for further information on this journey.
Buy online and get the best deals
Book your tickets in advance using our smart online booking system to take advantage of the cheapest fares and flexible tickets for your journeyBook now
Get there with Chiltern
Oxford train station is just half a mile from Oxford city centre. Getting to and from the station is easy, with short-stay car parking as well as bicycle parking. Plenty of taxis and buses go to and from this station too.
Whether you’re visiting the world-famous university or taking a trip to the Cotswolds, Oxford and the surrounding area is full of rich culture and history.
Ticket office is open 05:45-20:00 on weekdays, 07:30-20:00 on Saturday and 07:15-20:00 on Sundays.
Banbury station is just 5 minutes from the River Cherwell. The station is east to the city centre and has great connections to London and the Midlands. There is a lift for step-free access and plenty of amenities in and around the station. There are 795 parking spaces, and if you prefer to cycle, there are storage spaces for 63 bikes too.
Ticket office is open 05:45-20:15 on weekdays, 06:35-19:15 on Saturday and 08:10-17:40 on Sundays.
Things To Do In Banbury
Banbury is a beloved market town, with plenty of historic sites to visit. The way of life may be a bit slower here than Oxford, but the change of pace may be a welcome change and a chance to see some sights you’ve never seen before. Just wandering around the streets of Banbury is a mini-adventure in itself, with picturesque streets and lots of history such as the Banbury Cross to take in. (The one from the nursery rhyme.)
If you fancy a bite to eat, there’s an assortment of independent cafes and restaurants to choose from. Ye Olde Reindeer Inn, the oldest pub in Banbury, is also definitely worth a visit. This is the spot where Oliver Cromwell famously planned the Battle of Edge Hill.
Thinking about travelling to Banbury soon? Find out more about our cheap train ticket types here.