Why buy an Advance ticket?
- Advance tickets are our best value fares with tickets from £5.40 between London and Oxford and £6.40 between London and Birmingham.
- The earlier you book, the cheaper your travel will be.
- You can travel to your destination at the time you specify, giving you the chance to plan your trip ahead of time.
- You can get further savings on an Advance tickets with a railcard.
- Advance fares are generally available 12 weeks ahead.
- To get the best value fares it's best to plan ahead and aim to book at least 3 weeks in advance
- Advance ticket bookings between 21st June and 31st December 2021 can be exchanged to travel at a different time or date fee-free.
|Saturday services||Saturday 4th December 2021|
|Sunday services||Sunday 28th November 2021|
|Weekday services||Friday 10th December 2021|
Please note that Advance tickets are subject to availability. If there aren't any available at your specified time of travel, you can still get great savings from buying Super Off-Peak or Off-Peak tickets.
*Advance tickets for the following dates are either unavailable or limited.
Routes between London Marylebone and Oxford
|Closed||18/09, 19/09, 26/09, 09/10, 10/09, 12/10, 23/10, 12/11, 05/12|
Routes between London Marylebone and Birmingham
|Closed||18/09, 19/09, 26/09, 09/10, 10/10, 12/10, 23,10, 12/11, 05/12|
Read our terms and conditions for Advance fare tickets here.
Be the first to know with Ticket Alerts
Never miss a ticket - get an email alertGet alerts
- What is an advance train ticket?
- Advance train tickets are one-way fares that offer great value for money. By booking in advance, you are most likely to find the cheapest tickets available for your rail journey. You must stick to the journey and travel dates attached to the booking as they are not valid on other journeys.
- How far in advance can I book train tickets?
- Generally, advance tickets become available to buy from up to 12 weeks in advance to your journey.
- Can I get an earlier train with an advance ticket?
- No, Advance tickets are only valid on the service that was specified at the time of booking.
- Is it cheaper to buy train tickets in advance?
- Advance tickets are the cheapest single fare tickets we offer, however, there are only a limited number of tickets for each day. Click here to be alerted when new advance tickets are released.
Why book with Chiltern Railways?
- We are consistently voted one of the most punctual train companies in the UK
- We never charge booking, credit or debit card fee. So you'll always get the cheapest Chiltern fares.
- Our spacious carriages offer plenty of tables, and power points at almost every seat.
- All Chiltern services offer complimentary Wi-Fi* on board. So you can keep up-to-date.