Live train times
See live arrival and departures from London Marylebone To Oxford Train train station. Here you’ll find platform numbers, live train times and route information for all services to and from London Marylebone To Oxford Train.
London to Oxford Journey Information
- How much is the train from London Marylebone to Oxford?
- Train tickets from London Marylebone to Oxford Train Station start from £5.40 with an advance single ticket. Make sure you book in advance to find the cheapest tickets.
- How long does it take to get from London Marylebone to Oxford by train?
- The train from London Marylebone to Oxford Station takes as little as 1 hour 5 minutes. The journey time may vary during weekends and holidays. This train service is direct too, so there is no need to change trains on this journey.
- How often do trains leave from London Marylebone to Oxford?
- There are 72 trains per day between London Marylebone and Oxford station. This may vary on weekends and holidays.
- Where can I check the journey times for trains from London Marylebone to Oxford?
- Use the journey planner on this page or download our app for live train times here
- How far is it from London to Oxford by train?
- The distance between the two cities is 50 miles (81 km).
- When is the first train from London Marylebone to Oxford station?
- The first train from London Marylebone to Oxford departs at 06:09.
- What time is the last train from London Marylebone to Oxford station?
- The last train from London to Oxford departs at 00:01.
Buy online and get the best deals
Book your tickets in advance using our smart online booking system to take advantage of the cheapest fares and flexible tickets for your journeyBook now
Get there with Chiltern
London Marylebone station is located between Paddington and Euston in Central London. It has quick and easy transport links to the rest of London, with the Marylebone underground station being on the Bakerloo line. There are also plenty of buses stopping at the station.
The station has public toilets, WiFi, cash points and plenty of places to enjoy something to eat or drink!
Marylebone is one of the more quiet London stations, which more nervous travellers may be happy to hear.
The ticket office is open 06:30-20:00 Monday-Saturday and 08:00-20:00 on Sundays.
Oxford train station is just half a mile from Oxford city centre. Getting to and from the station is easy, with short-stay car parking as well as bicycle parking. Plenty of taxis and buses go to and from this station too.
Whether you’re visiting the world-famous university or taking a trip to the Cotswolds, Oxford and the surrounding area is full of rich culture and history.
The ticket office is open 05:45-20:00 on weekdays, 07:30-20:00 on Saturday and 07:15-20:00 on Sundays.
Things To Do In Oxford
Walking to the city centre from Oxford train station couldn’t be easier, in just 15 minutes you can be where all the shops and restaurants and cafes are, including favourites like Pizza Express, Caffè Nero and Costa Coffee, as well as an array of independent shops and cafes. Oxford is a charming place to just walk around and explore; the architecture and open spaces alone are definitely worth checking out. (Plenty of photo opportunities too.)
You don’t need us to tell you that Oxford is a serious cultural hub, with more than its fair share of museums, libraries and theatres to visit. There is also a stunning botanical garden to enjoy, and the home of Winston Churchill, Blenheim Palace, as well and a fantastic selection of pubs dotted throughout the city. And for any Harry Potter fans, Oxford is home to many of the film locations, can you spot them?
Thinking about travelling to Oxford soon? Find out more about our cheap train ticket types here.