Live train times
See live arrival and departures from Trains from London To Birmingham train station. Here you’ll find platform numbers, live train times and route information for all services to and from Trains from London To Birmingham .
London to Birmingham Journey Information
There may be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to check timings for specific trains. Download our train timetable here for further information on this journey.
- How much is the train fare from London Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street?
- Fares start from just £6.40 for an advance single.
- How long does it take to get from London Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street?
- Journey's take just 1 hr 39 mins on our fastest service.
- How far is Birmingham from London by train?
- The distance between the two cities is 101 miles (163 km).
- How frequent are the trains from London Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street?
- There is a service every 30 mins from London Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street. This includes weekends and bank holidays.
- Where can I check the journey times for trains from London Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street?
- When is the first train from London Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street?
- The first direct train departs at 06:37.
- When is the last train from London Marylebone to Birmingham Moor Street?
- The last direct train departs at 23:07.
- Are season tickets available from London to Birmingham?
- Yes, season tickets are available on trains from London to Birmingham. Monthly Money Saver prices start from just £853.70. Find out if a season ticket is right for you here. Chiltern offer the best available price on season tickets for this journey.
Buy online and get the best deals
Book your tickets in advance using our smart online booking system to take advantage of the cheapest fares and flexible tickets for your journeyBook now
How to get from London to Birmingham Moor Street by train
London Marylebone station is located between Paddington and Euston in Central London. It has quick and easy transport links to the rest of London, with the Marylebone underground station being on the Bakerloo line. There are also plenty of buses stopping at the station. It also has public toilets, WiFi, cash points and plenty of places to enjoy something to eat or drink!
Marylebone is one of the more quiet London stations, which more nervous travellers may be happy to hear.
The ticket office is open 06:30-20:00 Monday-Saturday and 08:00-20:00 on Sundays.
Birmingham Moor Street
Conveniently located in Birmingham city centre, Birmingham Moor Street is one of the three main railway stations in the city. It is only a 5 minute walk from Birmingham New Street station. In addition to fast trains to London, this station also offers direct links to many towns and cities in the rest of the Midlands including, Birmingham to Kidderminster and Birmingham to Stourbridge.
Ticket office is open 06:00-20:00 Monday-Saturday and 08:00-20:00 on Sundays.
Things to do in Birmingham
If you’re travelling into Birmingham Moor Street station, you’ll be right in the heart of all the action straight away. This station is just a 2 minute walk from the famous Bullring shopping centre, which is home to over 200 shops and restaurants. This includes Ted Baker, New Look, The White Company, John Lewis and Jo Malone to name just a few.
If you’re not in the mood for shopping, Birmingham has no shortage of cultural treats for you to feast your eyes on. Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery for instance, is only 10 minutes away from the station on foot. This gallery actually has the largest collection of pre-Raphaelite paintings in the world and the gallery is a stunning building too. Go take a look!
Also just a 10 minute walk away from the station is the Birmingham Hippodrome - one of the most buzzing theatres in the country. Their programme of events is always worth checking out.
As you can see, there are plenty of things to do and see in Birmingham, and the city is well connected with its bus and tram networks if you want to explore anywhere further afield.
Thinking about travelling from London to Birmingham soon? Find out more about our cheap train ticket types.