If you’re travelling by train as a group, there are several options available for getting a discount on group train tickets. It’s also worth seeing if you could save with a group railcard, such as the Family and Friends Railcard or the Two Together Railcard.
Groups of 10 or more
If you’re travelling on a Chiltern Railways service in a group of 10 or more, there are a number of discount options available, although they must be booked at least 7 days in advance.
How to apply:
- Download and complete the Group Travel PDF
- Scan in and email to [email protected]
- Our specialist team will get back you within 2 working days to advise you on the best value ticket for your group, and help you make your travel arrangements.
For all other journeys, GroupSave offers 34% off the adult fare for groups of between 3 and 9 adults.
GroupSave Terms and Conditions
- GroupSave is available for groups of between 3 and 9 adults travelling together.
- You will receive a 34% discount off the equivalent full price adult fares for the number of passengers travelling and the journey being made.
- The GroupSave party must always travel together on both outward and return journeys, and on all journeys made on a Travelcard within the London Fare Zones.
- GroupSave applies on the following tickets: Off-Peak Day Single and Return, Off-Peak Single and Return, Anytime Day Single and Return (where Off-Peak Day Singles and Returns are not available), and Off-Peak Day Travel Cards (from stations outside the London Fares Zone Area).
- GroupSave is only available on Standard Class travel.
- Travel time restrictions apply, which are the same as the normal ticket restrictions being discounted except that where no time restriction normally applies. GroupSave discount is not available before 0930 on Mondays to Fridays. No additional time restrictions apply at weekends.
- GroupSave discounts are not available when there is an amended timetable in operation, e.g. due to Wembley Stadium events.
- Discounts on Off-Peak Day Travelcards are only available for tickets to Zones 1 - 6 from stations outside the London Fare Zones.
- GroupSave discount cannot be used in conjunction with other Railcard discounts or other train company special offers. It may not be available on bus links and other non-rail services.
- Tickets with GroupSave discount are not valid for travel on services operated by Avanti West Coast, CrossCountry, LNER, East Midlands Railway, Hull Trains, TransPennine Express, Grand Central Railway, Merseyrail, Northern Rail or ScotRail.