Buy tickets with Chiltern Railways
The easiest way to buy cheap train tickets is online – you’re in the right place! Unlike third party ticket vendors, we don’t charge any booking fees. Just choose your departure and arrival stations in the booking system above and we’ll look for the cheapest ticket for your journey.
This does not just apply to Chiltern Railways tickets, but routes all over the UK!
You can choose to receive your tickets in a number of ways – collect at the station, on your phone, via email or post.
Tips for buying the cheapest train tickets
- Always book as far ahead as you can – Advance tickets are usually the cheapest.
- Be flexible – the cheapest tickets are off-peak so avoid the morning and evening rush hour if you can, all weekend and bank holiday tickets are off-peak.
- 2 singles can often be cheaper than a return.
- If you are 16-17, you can purchase a Saver Card that can save you 50% on fares.
- Save 1/3 with any of the following Railcards:
- 16-25 Railcard
- Two Together Railcard
- Family and Friends Railcard
- Senior Railcard
- Disabled Person’s Railcard
- Network Railcard
- HM Forces Railcard
- Annual Gold card
- Get a Group travel deal if there are 3 or more of you travelling
- See if you can save with a Season ticket – if you take the same journey 3 or 4 times a week, it’s probably the cheapest way to travel.
Popular Train Journeys
Why book with Chiltern Railways?
- We are consistently voted one of the most punctual train companies in the UK
- We never charge booking, credit or debit card fee. So you'll always get the cheapest Chiltern fares.
- Our spacious carriages offer plenty of tables, and power points at almost every seat.
- All Chiltern services offer complimentary Wi-Fi on board. So you can keep up-to-date.
Get your Smartcard
Go paperless and carry all your tickets on one cardFind out more