Chiltern Railways’ festive timetable will run between 24 December and 2 January, with a special service once again running on Boxing Day between London Marylebone and Oxford Parkway via Bicester Village. Chiltern will also operate additional after-midnight services from London on New Year's Eve.
On Boxing Day two trains per hour will operate from approximately 08.00 – 20.00 and will call at London Marylebone, Gerrards Cross, Beaconsfield, High Wycombe, Princes Risborough, Haddenham and Thame Parkway, Bicester Village and Oxford Parkway.
The first northbound train will depart from London Marylebone to Oxford Parkway via Bicester Village Station at 08.00 with the last train departing London Marylebone at 20:15 terminating at Princes Risborough at 21:01.
Southbound, the first train will run from Princes Risborough to London at 08.40 and the last will run from Oxford Parkway via Bicester Village Station to London Marylebone at 20.35 arriving at London Marylebone at 21.55.
Additionally, Chiltern Railways will be running extra after-midnight services from London Marylebone to help customers see in the New Year in the capital. These additional services are:
- 00.30 London Marylebone to Banbury
- 01.00 London Marylebone to High Wycombe
- 01.30 London Marylebone to Oxford
- 01.40 London Marylebone to Aylesbury (via Amersham)
- 02.00 London Marylebone to Aylesbury (via Princes Risborough)
- 02.30 London Marylebone to Banbury
- 02.40 London Marylebone to Aylesbury (via Amersham)
- 03.00 London Marylebone to Aylesbury (via Princes Risborough)
Eleni Jordan, Commercial Director at Chiltern Railway said, “We’re delighted to once again offer our customers Boxing Day services and late-night trains on New Year's Eve. We’ve found these services are popular and hope it will make it easy for people to travel and enjoy the festive period.”