1. The promoter of this prize draw is The Chiltern Railway Company Limited whose correspondence address is Great Central House, Marylebone Station, Melcombe Place, London, NW1 6 JJ (the “Promoter”).
2. The prize draw is open to all UK residents (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
3. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary, however internet access and a valid Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account is required.
4. To enter, take a photograph of yourself and the individual you’d like to travel with using the prize and upload to either your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account with the tag “@Chilternrailways”. Please ensure your entry complies with condition 21 of these terms and conditions before submitting your entry.
5. Only one entry in total per person is permitted.
6. The opening date for entries is 6am on 14th February 2020. The closing date of the prize draw is 10am on 18th February 2020. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
7. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
8. The winners will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process on 20th February 2020.
9. There will be 3 winners of this prize draw and each winner will receive the following prize: 1 x standard class return duo ticket valid for a travel on the Promoter’s rail services from any station on the Promoter’s rail network to London Marylebone rail station https://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/routes-and-destinations.
10. Duo tickets are subject to terms and conditions available to view at https://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/duo-ticket-terms-and-conditions.
11. All travel must be completed within 12 months of a winner being notified of their win
12. Dates and times for travel are subject to availability and all travel is subject to the National Rail Conditions of Travel http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/46427.aspx.
13. The winners will be notified by email or private message via the social media account they used to enter (using details provided at entry) on or before 26th February 2020 and must respond to the Promoter to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified of their win by the Promoter, then that winner's prize will be forfeited, and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
14. The prize will be sent to the winners by post within 7 days of them claiming their prize. The Promoter will not accept responsibility for any lost prizes and replacements cannot be sent.
15. Any costs incidental to the fulfilment of the prize (other than the delivery of such via post) are the responsibility of the winner.
16. The prize for the winners is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so.
18. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
19. The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will send the surname and county of major prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who emails [email protected] or writes to Laura Jones, Great Central House, Marylebone Station, Melcombe Place, London, NW1 6JJ (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the closing date stated in condition 6. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter at [email protected] In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
20. All prize draw entries will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned.
21. By submitting your prize draw entry you warrant that:
a. it is an original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe third-party rights;
b. there are no conflicting agreements in place that restrict usage of the image;
c. you have consent to use any third-party image in the entry and rights have been waived for that use. If a third party image is of a person under 18, parental or guardian consent must be provided; and
d. you will produce evidence of any required consents at the promoters request, or risk being disqualified from entering the prize draw.
22. By submitting your prize draw entry, you agree to:
a. assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
b. waive all moral rights, in and to your prize draw entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
23. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award a prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate a winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
26. Personal data supplied during the course of this prize draw will be processed by the Promoter for the purpose of administering this prize draw. Entry into this prize draw will be deemed as your consent to this processing. If you do not wish your personal data to be processed in this way, please do not enter the prize draw.
27. Personal data supplied by you during the course of this prize draw will only be passed on to third parties insofar as required for the fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize. If you do not wish your personal data to be processed in this way, please do not enter this prize draw.
29. This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram and entrants hereby acknowledge and agree that Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram have no liability whatsoever in respect of these terms and conditions nor the prize draw to which they relate. 30. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.