18th July 2022
Monday 18th July 2022:
EXTREME HEAT WEATHER WARNING
Please do not travel unless your journey is absolutely necessary.
The Met Office have issued a "red" Extreme Heat Weather Warning for the southern half of the UK, with very high temperatures forecast. This will potentially disrupt train services across much of the UK.
Emergency speed restrictions will be in place for much of the day, and because of this a severely-reduced Chiltern Railways timetable will be in operation, structured as follows:
- 1 train per hour Marylebone - stations to Birmingham Moor Street (and vice-versa).
- 1 train per hour Marylebone - stations to Oxford (and vice-versa).
- 1 train per hour Marylebone - stations to Aylesbury (via High Wycombe, and vice-versa).
- 1 train per hour Marylebone - stations to Aylesbury Vale Parkway (via Amersham, and vice-versa).
- No Chiltern Railways service to/from Stratford Upon Avon.
Additionally, planned late-night engineering works will be taking place in the Aylesbury area, and an amended timetable will be in operation after 23:00.
Some late night journeys will take considerably longer than usual, and may involve travel via alternative routes, on other operator's services and/or rail replacement bus services.
We are expecting the emergency timetables (pdf files below) to be loaded into online journey planning systems on Sunday 17th July 2022. From Sunday 17th July, please check your journey in the planner at the following link: https://buy.chilternrailways.co.uk/.