Visit the German Christmas Markets in Birmingham and discover a Chiltern gem
What is the Birmingham Christmas Market?
The Frankfurt Birmingham Christmas Market is the world’s largest German Christmas Market outside of German or Austria, and is one of the biggest event in Birmingham’s cultural calendar attracting visitors from all over the UK and Europe.
The Birmingham Christmas Market is a traditional winter German market that offers a huge amount of things to do including:
- As much food and drink as you can eat, such as delicious pretzels, bratwurst, beer, hot chocolate and much more.
- Live music on the main stage, featuring artists from Germany and Birmingham.
- Christmas present shopping at stalls that include traditional toys, crafts, jewellery and leatherwork.
Where does it take place?
The market is located on Victoria Square in the centre of Birmingham. The postcode is B1 1BD.
When will it start in 2022?
Thursday 3rd November to Friday 23rd December 2022.
Open daily from 10am to 9pm, except Remembrance Sunday (13th November) when the market will be open from 1pm to 9pm.
How much does it cost?
Entry to the market is completely free!
Transport and Travel
For the walking route from Birmingham Moor Street, please see the map below. if you are travelling from Birmingham New Street, the market is only 5 minutes away.
- Travel there with Chiltern on one of our great value Advance Fares from just £6.40 one-way.
Why book with Chiltern Railways?
- We are consistently voted one of the most punctual train companies in the UK
- We never charge booking, credit or debit card fee. So you'll always get the cheapest Chiltern fares.
- Our spacious carriages offer plenty of tables, and power points at almost every seat.
- All Chiltern services offer complimentary Wi-Fi on board. So you can keep up-to-date.