Chiltern Railways are advising customers travelling on Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st January that due to engineering work, the line will be closed between Wembley and Bicester all weekend. As a result, there will be no through trains between Marylebone and Gerrards Cross/Beaconsfield/High Wycombe, between Marylebone and Bicester Village/Oxford, nor between Marylebone and Birmingham. Some journey times may take longer than usual, and passengers may have to change trains or travel with other operators to reach their destination.
Customers are advised that an amended and reduced timetable will operate on all Chiltern Railways routes. Customers travelling between Marylebone, Bicester Village, Oxford, Banbury and stations to Birmingham should travel via Aylesbury Vale Parkway and get a rail replacement bus service to Bicester North or Bicester Village to continue their journey.
Customers travelling between Marylebone and High Wycombe only should travel via Amersham and board rail replacement buses. For customers needing to travel between London, Denham, Gerrards Cross and Beaconsfield, please travel via Hillingdon using London Underground Metropolitan Line services to/from Baker Street.
This work forms part of Britain’s Railway Upgrade Plan and includes Network Rail track improvement to increase the reliability of the rail network.
The government has advised the public against non-essential travel and to only travel if their journey is necessary. If customers need to travel, they are advised to:
- Wear a face covering when at stations and onboard trains,
- Allow extra time for their journey,
- Travel during off-peak hours where possible,
- Book tickets via the website or Chiltern App and use contactless payments wherever possible,
- Check their journey before travelling as most journeys will be affected,
- Keep a safe distance from passengers and staff in the station and onboard trains,
- Regularly wash their hands before and after their journey.