Chiltern Railways are advising customers travelling on Sunday 28th March that due to engineering work, the railway will be closed all day between Princes Risborough and Bicester. Buses will replace trains between Princes Risborough – Haddenham & Thame Parkway – Bicester Village – Bicester North.
A heavily-amended timetable will be in operation, journey times will take longer than usual and customers will need to change trains, travel with other operators or use rail replacement services.
This work forms part of Britain’s Railway Upgrade Plan and includes Network Rail track replacement work which will ensure the railway is in the best possible condition for customers when travel restrictions are eased.
Additionally customers in Buckinghamshire are advised that from Monday 29th to Wednesday 31st March, early morning services between Aylesbury and Marylebone via High Wycombe will be impacted by overnight engineering works and trains will be replaced by buses between Aylesbury and High Wycombe.
Customers are reminded that they should follow government guidance on travel and wear face coverings on public transport and at stations unless exempt.
Customers who do need to travel are advised to:
- Allow extra time for their journey,
- Travel during off-peak hours where possible,
- Book tickets via the website or Chiltern App and use contactless payments wherever possible,
- Check their journey before travelling as most journeys will be affected,
- Maintain social distancing onboard trains and at stations
- Regularly wash their hands before and after their journey.