Chiltern Railways are advising customers travelling on Sunday 10th January that due to engineering work there will be no trains in or out of London Marylebone station. Passengers who need to travel to or from London Marylebone should change at West Ruislip or Amersham and continue their journey on London Underground.
Journey times will take longer than usual and passengers will have to change trains to reach their destinations.
This work forms part of Britain’s Railway Upgrade Plan and includes Network Rail track improvement to increase the reliability of the rail network.
Customers are reminded that Chiltern are still running services for those who need to use them and they should follow government guidance on travel. Face coverings must be worn on public transport and at stations unless passengers are exempt. Customers who do need to travel are advised to:
- Allow extra time for their journey
- Travel during off-peak hours where possible
- Book tickets via the website or Chiltern App and use contactless payments wherever possible,
- Check their journey before travelling as all journeys will be affected
- Maintain social distancing onboard trains and at stations
- Regularly wash their hands before and after their journey.