Chiltern Railways are advising customers travelling over the Bank Holiday weekend (Saturday 28th - Monday 30th August) that due to engineering works in the Bicester Village area, no through trains will operate between London Marylebone, Bicester Village and stations to Oxford.
Customers are advised that two trains per hour will run between Marylebone and Bicester North, and rail replacement buses will run between Bicester North and Bicester Village. A limited train service (1 train per hour) will run between Bicester Village and stations to Oxford.
Some journey times may take longer than usual, and customers may have to change trains or travel with other operators to reach their destination.
This work forms part of Britain’s Railway Upgrade Plan and includes Network Rail track improvement to increase the reliability of the rail network.
Whilst the wearing of face coverings is no longer mandatory onboard trains and in stations, customers who can wear face coverings are advised to do so in crowded areas.
Customers are advised to:
• Book tickets via the website (www.chilternrailways.co.uk) or Chiltern App, and use contactless payments wherever possible,
• Allow extra time for their journey,
• Travel during off-peak hours where possible,
• Check their journey before travelling,
• Regularly wash their hands before and after their journey.