Chiltern Railways are advising customers travelling on Tuesday 6, Wednesday 7 and Sunday 11 July to plan ahead due to Euro 2020 fixtures taking place at Wembley Stadium.
The train operator is providing, on average, 8,500 additional seats for each Euro game in order to maximise space for social distancing onboard. However, customers are advised that due to the increase in capacity at Wembley, it will not be possible to socially distance on trains, in queues or in stations.
Customers should therefore ensure they plan advice to Chiltern customers travelling on Tuesday 6, Wednesday 7 and Sunday 11 July, check their journey before setting off, and allow themselves extra time as there will be an amended timetable in operation and a queuing system in place at Wembley Stadium station.
Due to the late kick-off time of 20:00 on these dates, customers will not be able to travel long-distance after the games have finished and should therefore check train times in advance.
Additionally, customers in Buckinghamshire are advised that on Sunday 11 July, Chiltern will be providing longer trains to/from Wembley. In order to facilitate this, rail replacement buses will operate all day between Beaconsfield and Aylesbury Vale Parkway. London Underground Metropolitan line services will operate as normal between Baker Street and stations to Amersham.
Customers are advised to:
- Travel during quieter times where possible,
- Go online or download the Chiltern App to access the latest information and to book tickets,
- Use contactless payments and avoid paying with cash in stations,
- Keep a safe distance from passengers and staff in stations and onboard trains,
- Wear face coverings at stations and onboard public transport unless exempt,
- Regularly wash your hands before and after your journey,
- Please stay home if you feel unwell.