Chiltern Railways are advising Bucks customers travelling on Saturday 26 June and Sunday 11 July that there will be changes to train timetables due to key fixtures taking place at Wembley Stadium.
On these dates Chiltern will be providing longer trains to/from Wembley. In order to facilitate this, rail replacement buses will operate all day between Beaconsfield and Aylesbury Vale Parkway. London Underground Metropolitan Line services will operate as normal between Baker Street and stations to Amersham.
The train operator is providing, on average, 8,500 additional seats for each Euro game in order to maximise space for social distancing onboard. However, customers are advised that social distancing may not always be possible. Customers are also reminded that they should plan ahead, check their journey before setting off and allow themselves extra time as there will be an amended timetable in operation and a queuing system in place at Wembley Stadium station.
Matches are being played at Wembley Stadium on Tuesday 6 July, Wednesday 7 July and Sunday 11 July and customers are advised that services on these days will be busier than usual.
Customers are advised to:
- Travel during quieter times where possible,
- Go online or download the Chiltern app to access the latest information and to book tickets,
- Use contactless payments and avoid paying with cash in stations,
- Keep a safe distance from passengers and staff in stations and onboard trains,
- Wear face coverings at stations and onboard public transport unless exempt,
- Regularly wash your hands before and after your journey,
- Please stay home if you feel unwell.