Chiltern Railways are advising customers travelling on Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 March that the railway will be closed between Wembley Stadium and High Wycombe and also between Warwick Parkway and Solihull. As a result there will be no through trains between Marylebone and Birmingham, Marylebone and Oxford/Bicester Village, nor between Marylebone and Gerrards Cross/Beaconsfield/High Wycombe.
Most journeys will take longer than usual and customers may need to change trains, use other operators or use rail replacement buses to reach their destination.
Customers travelling between London Marylebone, Bicester Village, Oxford, Banbury and stations to Birmingham should travel via Aylesbury Vale Parkway and use rail replacement services to/from Bicester North or Bicester Village to complete their journey.
Passengers travelling between London, Denham, Gerrards Cross, Beaconsfield and High Wycombe should travel via Hillingdon (using London Underground Metropolitan Line services to/from Baker Street) and use rail replacement services to reach their destination.
A limited train service will operate between:
- Marylebone and stations to Aylesbury Vale Parkway (via Amersham),
- High Wycombe and stations to Warwick Parkway,
- High Wycombe and stations to Oxford,
- Princes Risborough and stations to Aylesbury,
- Solihull to Birmingham Moor Street
- Leamington Spa to Stratford upon Avon
This work forms part of Britain’s Railway Upgrade Plan and includes Network Rail track replacement work which will ensure the railway is in the best possible condition for customers when travel restrictions are eased.
Customers are reminded that Chiltern are still running services for those who need to use them, but they should follow government guidance on travel. Face coverings must be worn on public transport and at stations unless passengers are exempt.
Customers who do need to travel are advised to:
- Allow extra time for their journey,
- Travel during off-peak hours where possible,
- Book tickets via the website or Chiltern App and use contactless payments wherever possible,
- Check their journey before travelling as all journeys will be affected,
- Maintain social distancing onboard trains and at stations
- Regularly wash their hands before and after their journey.