Chiltern Railways are advising customers travelling to the Euro 2020 final at Wembley Stadium to make sure they plan their journey and check availability of services in advance. Customers without tickets for the match at Wembley or an official fan zone should not travel into London.
As England have progressed to the finals, demand for travel by train is expected to be extremely high. While Chiltern have provided additional seats for the match, due to the increase in capacity at Wembley Stadium customers are advised that social distancing will not be possible on trains, in queues or in stations.
Additionally, due to the late kick-off time of 20:00, customers will not be able to travel long distance after the game has finished. Customers needing to travel north of Banbury should therefore check train times in advance or make arrangements to stay near the venue.
Customers are advised to:
- Only travel to London if they have a ticket to the match,
- Travel during quieter times where possible,
- Go online or download the Chiltern App to access the latest information and to book tickets,
- Use contactless payments and avoid paying with cash in stations,
- Keep a safe distance from passengers and staff in stations and onboard trains,
- Wear face coverings at stations and onboard public transport unless exempt,
- Regularly wash your hands before and after your journey,
- Please stay home if you feel unwell.