Chiltern Railways are advising customers travelling on Sunday 23 May that the lines between London Marylebone and Amersham and London Marylebone and West Ruislip are closed all day due to engineering work. As a result, no Chiltern Railways trains will operate in or out of Marylebone and all journeys will be affected.
A heavily amended timetable will be in operation and journey times will be considerably longer than usual. Customers may have to change trains to reach their destination.
Customers travelling between London and Oxford/Bicester Village are advised to travel to/from London Paddington via Oxford using Great Western Railway services in both directions. Customers travelling between London and Birmingham/Leamington Spa/Banbury/High Wycombe are advised to travel via train to West Ruislip and continue their journey using London Underground services.
Customers travelling between Aylesbury and London are advised they will need to travel on the Metropolitan line between Amersham and Wembley Park and on the Jubilee line between Wembley Park and Central London.
This work forms part of Britain’s Railway Upgrade Plan and includes Network Rail track improvement to increase the reliability of the rail network.
Customers are advised to:
- Allow extra time for their journey
- Travel during quieter times where possible
- Go online or download the Chiltern app to access the latest information and to book tickets,
- Use contactless payments and avoid paying with cash in stations,
- Keep a safe distance from passengers and staff in stations and onboard trains,
- Wear face coverings at stations and onboard public transport unless exempt,
- Regularly wash your hands before and after your journey,
- Please stay home if you feel unwell.