Major engineering works will take place between Birmingham New Street and Coventry via Birmingham International this bank holiday weekend (26-28 May) to improve customers’ journeys and this will mean a revised service is operating on all routes between Birmingham and London.
Although our services are largely unaffected by engineering works, Chiltern Railways’ network will be the main route for passengers travelling between Birmingham and London over the bank holiday weekend.
Aston Villa fans are advised that there will be an amended timetable in operation and there may be queues of 90 minutes or longer in both directions at Birmingham Moor Street, London Marylebone & Wembley Stadium Station.
Although our last northbound service will depart London Marylebone at 2210hrs this Saturday (26 May), passengers travelling from Marylebone and Wembley are very strongly advised to travel before 1900hrs as our northbound services will be exceptionally busy and we will not be able to guarantee travel.
- An amended timetable will be in operation, check the website before you travel;
- Purchase tickets in advance online via our app or website to save time;
- Collect pre-booked tickets at the ticket machine prior to the day of travel;
- Allow extra time for your journey;
- Travel before 1900 from Marylebone and Wembley as Northbound services will be busy and we cannot guarantee travel;
- Please be patient as we will be busier than usual.
When using our services, please be respectful to other passengers and Chiltern Railway staff.
For more information about the improvement works on 26-28 May 2018, please visit www.chilternrailways.co.uk/may-bank-holiday.