On Sunday 1 March, Aston Villa FC play Manchester City FC in the Carabao Cup Final at Wembley Stadium at 16.30. We're operating an amended timetable to help fans get to and from the game, follow our top tips below for fans heading to Wembley:
- Book and collect your tickets in advance. Trains and stations are expected to be extremely busy on Sunday 1 March and buying in advance will save you time at stations.
- Fans are advised to travel on early-morning services from Birmingham Moor Street as these trains will have the greatest capacity.
- Allow extra time for your journey as an amended timetable will be running and journey times may be affected.
- Extended queuing systems will be in place at Wembley Stadium station and Birmingham Moor Street and fans are asked to arrive at the station in plenty of time for their return journey. We've put on additional trains to help fans get home after the match.
- Customers travelling from the North West with Cross Country are advised to change trains at Banbury station for trains into London.
- Customers travelling from the Bicester area are advised to travel from Bicester Village not Bicester North for greater capacity.
Please note, there will be no Chiltern Railways trains serving stations Kidderminster to Birmingham Snow Hill inclusive, and that a queuing system will be in place at Birmingham Moor Street during the morning.
- Sunday 01 March London-HighWycombe-Oxford-Banbury-Stratford-Birmingham
- Sunday 01 March London-Harrow-Amersham-Aylesbury-AylesburyValeParkway
To plan your journey and book tickets head to: https://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/