For Off Peak Day Return tickets, you can travel back at anytime outside the peak period that day, while for Off Peak Return tickets, you can travel back at anytime outside the peak period within a month of the outward journeys.
Why purchase an Off-Peak Ticket?
- Cheaper than peak and anytime.
- You can buy the ticket anytime before you wish to travel.
- Trains are generally quieter than peak and anytime.
- More flexible than advance fares.
- Further savings if used in conjunction with a railcard
For journeys to and from London, the typical commuter times that Off Peak tickets are not valid on our services are:
Off-Peak journey's to and from London that are not valid on our service:
- Trains which are timed to arrive into London Marylebone before 1000 on weekdays.
- Trains which are timed to leave London Marylebone after 0429 and before 0830 for stations Bicester North/Village and south on weekdays.
For journeys between London and stations Banbury and north, Off Peak tickets are still valid during this time.
Please note that Off Peak tickets to Oxford (only) are not valid on weekday departures from Marylebone before 0900 . This is because the fare is set and controlled by Great Western Railways.
These tickets are refundable and amendable up to the date of departure, subject to an administration fee.
For more information on Off Peak fares, including terms and conditions, click here.
Why book with Chiltern Railways?
- We are consistently voted one of the most punctual train companies in the UK
- We never charge booking, credit or debit card fee. So you'll always get the cheapest Chiltern fares.
- Our spacious carriages offer plenty of tables, and power points at almost every seat.
- All Chiltern services offer complimentary Wi-Fi on board. So you can keep up-to-date.