Chiltern Railways are advising customers travelling on Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th August that due to engineering work, the line will be closed between High Wycombe and Aylesbury, Bicester Village and Bicester North. As a result, there will be no through trains between Marylebone and Bicester Village/Oxford, nor between Marylebone and Birmingham - journey times may take longer than usual and passengers may have to change trains or travel with other operators to reach their destination.
Customers are advised that an amended and reduced timetable will operate on all Chiltern Railways routes. Passengers travelling between Marylebone, Bicester Village, Oxford, Banbury and stations to Birmingham should travel via Aylesbury Vale Parkway and get a rail replacement bus service to Bicester North or Bicester Village to continue their journey.
This work forms part of Britain’s Railway Upgrade Plan and includes Network Rail track improvement to increase the reliability of the rail network.
Customers are reminded that face coverings must be worn on public transport and in stations unless passengers are under the age of 11 or exempt for medical reasons.
Customers are advised to:
- Allow extra time for their journey,
- Travel during off-peak hours where possible,
- Book tickets via the website or Chiltern App and use contactless payments wherever possible,
- Check their journey before travelling as most journeys will be affected,
- Keep a safe distance from passengers and staff in the station and onboard trains,
- Regularly wash their hands before and after their journey.