Railway engineering works in the Oxford area from summer 2023.
Network Rail’s Oxfordshire Connect programme will upgrade Oxford station, expanding the railway infrastructure in the area and improving the local road network.
The benefits of this programme include:
- A bigger, better station for everyone
- More services with East West Rail
- Additional rail capacity for future projects
- Improved and safer road layout for buses, bikes and pedestrians
This means that you may need to make a different journey on selected dates.
Find more information about engineering works on the Oxfordshire Connect page.
- Saturday 29th July - Sunday 6th August between Oxford and Oxford Parkway
- Saturday 29th July - Friday 4th August between Banbury and Leamington Spa
How will my journey be affected?
Rail replacement buses will operate between:
- Oxford and Oxford Parkway (29th July - 6th August)
- Bicester North and Banbury (29th July)
- Bicester North and Banbury / Leamington Spa (30th July)
- Bicester Village and Banbury / Leamington Spa (31st July - 4th August 13:15)
- Bicester Village and Banbury (4th August after 13:15)
We advise customers to check your journey before travelling by using our journey planner or by downloading the Chiltern Railways app.