Visit The Mechanical Art & Design Museum and discover a Chiltern gem
- The MAD (Mechanical Art and Design) Museum is the only specialist attraction of its kind in the UK. Based in Stratford upon Avon, the museum was launched in March 2012 and showcases the world's finest pieces of Kinetic Art and Automata from pioneering artists from all four corners of the globe.
- MAD is a celebration of all things mechanically weird and wonderful. Similar to some of the contraptions seen in Wallace and Gromit, Scrapheap Challenge and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Kinetic Art and Automata are well respected and recognised but not generally understood.
- At The MAD Museum we ask visitors to interact with the exhibits, to examine the intricate workings and decipher how they operate. Some of our exhibits have a purpose but most of them just function for the fun of it. The MAD Museum is a fantastic playground for adults and a perfect hideout for inquisitive kids - experience the imagination of marvellous minds.
- Travel there with Chiltern Railways on one of our great value Advance Fares from just £6.40 one-way.
How do I get to The Mechanical Art & Design Museum from Stratford-upon-Avon Station?
Why book with Chiltern Railways?
- We are consistently voted one of the best for overall journey satisfaction among UK operators.
- We never charge booking, credit or debit card fee.
- Our spacious carriages offer plenty of tables, and power points at almost every seat.*
- Chiltern services offer complimentary Wi-Fi on board. So you can keep up-to-date.*
*Subject to availability