Chiltern Railways are advising customers travelling on Sunday 19th July that due to engineering work in the Haddenham and Thame area, the line between Princes Risborough and Bicester is closed all day. As a result, there will be no through trains between Marylebone and Bicester Village/Oxford, nor between Marylebone and Birmingham - journey times may take longer than usual and passengers may have to change trains to reach their destinations.
Customers are advised that an amended and reduced timetable will operate on all Chiltern Railways routes. Passengers travelling between Marylebone, Bicester Village, Oxford, Banbury and stations to Birmingham should travel via Aylesbury Vale Parkway and get a rail replacement bus service to Bicester North or Bicester Village to continue their journey.
This work forms part of Britain’s Railway Upgrade Plan and includes Network Rail track improvement to increase the reliability of the rail network.
Customers are reminded that they should only travel on public transport if their journey is essential and they cannot travel another way and face coverings must be worn on public transport if passengers are not exempt for medical reasons.
Customers are advised to:
- Allow extra time for their journey,
- Travel during off-peak hours where possible,
- Book tickets via the website or Chiltern App and use contactless payments wherever possible,
- Check their journey before travelling as most journeys will be affected,
- Keep a safe distance from passengers and staff in the station and onboard trains,
- Regularly wash their hands before and after their journey.