To complete this work we will have a nine day closure on the Birmingham to London line from Saturday 30 July until we re-open on Monday 8 August.
- Keep up to date on our website.
- Register for alerts to get real-time travel updates to your mobile or email
- Download our free app to track travel information on the go.
- We're also on Twitter, so you can get the latest travel information by following @chilternrailway
How will your journey be affected?
All amended rail service route maps, rail replacment services, and timetables can be found here:
- All dates
- Saturday 30 to Sunday 31 July 2016
- Monday 1 to Friday 5 August
- Saturday 6 August
- Sunday 7 August
Car parking information
Ticket acceptance for West Midlands Season Ticket holders.
If you hold a monthly or longer season ticket between any the stations in the dropdown list below and Marylebone your season ticket will be accepted on West Coast Mainline services from Birmingham New Street, Birmingham International, and Coventry to London Euston from 30 July to 7 August.
These are the only tickets which are being accepted by other services, all other ticket holders are advised to check their journey before travelling.
Heartland stations, peak timetables
Find out about the evening and morning peak train times for heartland stations during the Banbury improvement work.
Marylebone to Aylesbury timetables
- Monday 1 August to Friday 5 August (download)
- Saturday 6 August 2016 (download)
- Sunday 7 August (download)
Why is this work taking place?
This upgrade will replace very old signalling equipment with modern LED signals.
As well as putting in a new, more reliable track layout, this will help keep Chiltern Railways trains some of the most punctual and reliable in the UK.
This work also builds the track infrastructure to link up a new depot at Banbury, which we plan to open in 2017.