In connection with Network Rail improvement works and preparation for high speed rail at West Ruislip, the Beaconsfield line will be closed, and an amended timetable will operate the weekend of the 9th and 10th February. These works are part of Britain's Railway Upgrade Plan which is working to improve journeys for our customers.
There will be no trains between Wembley Stadium and High Wycombe, a heavily-amended timetable will be in operation across the Chiltern Railways network, and most journeys will be affected.
Journey times will be longer than usual, and customers may have to change trains/ travel on other operator’s services/ use rail replacement buses to reach their destination.
We will be running the following services (in both directions):
- 1 per hour Marylebone - Bicester North - Banbury - stations to Birmingham Moor Street (diverted via Aylesbury).
- 1 per hour High Wycombe - stations to Birmingham Moor Street.
- 2 per hour High Wycombe - stations to Oxford.
- Periodic service Leamington Spa - stations to Stratford Upon Avon.
- Periodic service Leamington Spa - stations to Birmingham Moor Street.
- 2 per hour Marylebone - Aylesbury Vale Parkway (via Amersham).
- 1 per hour Marylebone - Aylesbury (via Amersham).
There will also be rail replacement bus services as follows (in both directions):
- 2 per hour Aylesbury Vale Parkway - Bicester Village.
- 2 per hour High Wycombe - Amersham.
- 4 per hour High Wycombe - stations to Hillingdon/West Ruislip (London Underground connections).
- 1 per hour Princes Risborough - stations to Aylesbury.
Travelling to Wembley?
There will be service to and from Marylebone to Wembley Stadium on Sunday before and after the match ONLY.
Customers travelling to Wembley from the north may wish to use London Underground services from Amersham to Wembley Park.
Advice to customers
- Customers are advised to buy tickets in advance by visiting chilternrailways.co.uk or via the Chiltern Railways App. If collecting tickets from the station, please leave longer for your journey or pick up before as stations are expected to be much busier.
- During the works, please continue to enjoy our complimentary Wi-Fi and comfortable seating onboard. Thank you for your patience.
- Downloading our app and signing up for our Journey Check alerts will also be a good way of finding out all the latest real-time travel information.
Find out more
For more information, please see the route map below and attached which shows how journeys will be affected and for further detail, head to journeycheck.com/chilternrailways