We pride ourselves on being one of the best train operators in the UK, but with 9/10 passengers satisfied, we know we can do even better.
We now carry more than twice the number of people on our trains as we did ten years ago, with a fleet that's also doubled in size. It's no coincidence that we've invested over £400m on improvements for passengers during this period - or that our annual turnover has more than doubled to an impressive £123m.
To keep the momentum going, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team. All of our current vacancies are listed below, where you can find further information, including the job description, and key details about our terms and conditions of employment.
Ongoing Qualified Train Drivers recruitment - Chiltern Railways are looking for customer focused, passionate and enthusiastic qualified Train Drivers to join our existing team of Drivers based at various depots including Marylebone, Aylesbury, Banbury, Stourbridge and Birmingham Moor Street Depot.
This role involves a high level of concentration and alone working majority of the working day. Driver positions are key posts within Chiltern with a lot of focus on delivering a scheduled passenger railway. This is a safety critical role which involves dealing with pressurised and emergancy situations requiring a high level of responsibility. If you are punctual and enjoy shift work, then please complete an application form attached below and return via post or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for any of our vacancies
please complete an application form
and return this with your cv (if you have one), quoting the appropriate reference number, to the Human Resources Department, Chiltern Railways Co Ltd, Great Central House, Marylebone Station, Melcombe Place, London, NW1 6JJ. If you have a query please contact the Human Resources Department on 0207 922 9520.
Chiltern Railways is the fastest growing train company in the UK, running services between Kidderminster, Birmingham and London Marylebone. The head of resource’s role is to lead, motivate and manage the traincrew resources team to deliver error free planned and reactive traincrew rostering, to meet the train plan, in a cost effective and safe manner up to the point that rosters are posted (currently 72 hours out).
To be responsible for identifying and implementing efficiencies in the way in which rostering and diagramming is undertaken both within the Operations Department and across the wider business.
Some of the Key accountabilities includes:-
• To ensure that drivers are rostered in away which delivers the timetable in the most efficient manner and within the agreed budget at minimum cost.
• To ensure that (links &) rosters are produced in a timely manner and in a way which is fair & transparent taking full account of business needs.
• To minimise the need for overtime and rest day working.
• To ensure that rosters comply with all standards (incl fatigue) and documented company/local agreements.
• To provide all required management information/KPI’s/reports to enable fully informed management decisions to be taken.
• Continually review for performance and cost control in the deployment and resource management of drivers.
• To work closely with the engineering and Customer Services Department and take the lead in developing, implementing Chiltern’s approach to effective management of diagramming and rostering across the business.
Qualifications & experience
• Rules and Regulations qualified
• Knowledge of Railway Group Standards
• Experience of train crew management
• Sound knowledge of all staff and Drivers Conditions of Service
• Must be an excellent communicator
To apply, please complete the application form, enclosing your cv if you have one, and return to the HR Department, Marylebone Station, Great Central House, Melcombe Place, Marylebone, London, NW1 6JJ or email your application to email@example.com by 7TH March 2014.
Location: Marylebone | Salary: £55-60,000 | Department: | Date posted: 24/01/2014 | Closing date: 07/02/2014 | Ref No: O03/14
Chiltern Railways is the fastest growing train company in the UK, running services between Kidderminster, Birmingham and London Marylebone. The Purpose of the role is to manage the effective planning of short term alterations for commercial, special event or engineering requirements, as required by the Deputy Head of Train Planning and Lead STP Planner.
To ensure that job specific activities do not introduce unacceptable business and safety risks to any aspect of the Company’s operation, and that the appropriate policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to, ensuring that all such activities comply with the relevant sections of the Safety Case and the current Safety Plan.
The role duties include but not limited to:-
· Liaise with other Train Operators and Network Rail to achieve the most commercially attractive, well performing amended plan, including rail replacement services. Bid the amended plans to Network Rail and act upon the offer subsequently received.
· Ensure data integrity of all schedules and diagrams, and ensure all amended bids are correctly represented in industry and public systems.
· Liaise with the traincrew (driver) diagrammer to ensure services are timed to maximise the efficiency of drivers.
· Liaise with the Weekly Issue Manager to ensure services are timed to maximise the efficiency of train managers.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Two years’ experience in train planning or operations, with a working knowledge of all aspects of scheduling principles and diagramming, including the processes used by Network Rail both for permanent schedules and short-term planning. A thorough knowledge of Chiltern Railways operations, commercial imperatives, and customer base is required.
· Knowledge of VoyagerPlan, TrainPlan or equivalent is desirable but not essential. Competency is required in Microsoft Windows 2000 or Windows NT, with good knowledge of Excel essential.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are required together with good numeracy and an eye for detail and accuracy
To apply, please complete the application form, enclosing your cv if you have one, and return to the Personnel Department, Marylebone Station, Great Central House, Melcombe Place, Marylebone, London, NW1 6JJ or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org 7th March 2014.
Location: Banbury | Salary: £22,500 - £27,500 per annum | Department: | Date posted: 21/02/2014 | Closing date: 07/03/2014 | Ref No: (B01/14)
This vacancy has arisen as result of the role being relocated from Aylesbury to London. The purpose of the role is to Provide full PA, secretarial and general administrative support to the following directors to assist in the performance of their duties:
• Engineering Director
• Operations & Safety Director
To manage, in conjunction with the other Pa’s, the general office at Marylebone
The key responsibility include but will not be limited to:-
a) Provide full and confidential PA support to the above directors.
b) Ensure effective time management of each director, including, but not limited to, diary management, management of telephone enquiries, emails and written correspondence. Planning and preparation of meetings including booking meeting rooms and arranging travel/accommodation. Preparation of reports, collation of meeting papers, undertaking ad hoc projects and the arrangements for external visits/events.
c) Manage incoming phone calls, emails and post, filtering information to ensure that actions requiring director response are highlighted and actioned, whilst other information is classified for filing, forwarded on for action or appointments, meetings etc. arranged.
d) Provide a professional, welcoming and helpful interface for staff, managers, customers, key suppliers and visitors approaching both directors. Ensure they receive appropriate care and full assistance with their various enquiries on behalf of, and in the absence of, each director.
Experience and Skills
• This is a very busy, demanding position for which a flexible, assertive and proactive approach is essential
• Previous PA experience at a senior level
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to use initiative and fulfil tasks as they arise without supervision
• Good organisational skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to deal with Customers/Suppliers/Staff both face to face and on the telephone
• Able to interpret, analyse and present data in a variety of ways to different levels of Management
• Be interested in developing skills to enhance their own abilities
• Friendly, calm and accommodating manner with a willingness to be flexible
• Demonstrable use of Windows operating systems: XP, Windows 7 etc.
• Sound knowledge of IT packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Internet Explorer, Outlook
• Competent knowledge of stock ordering systems; TACT and Reqlogic
Location: Marylebone | Salary: 35,000 | Department: | Date posted: 04/03/2014 | Closing date: 07/03/2014 | Ref No: (Ref: HO04/14)
Chiltern Railways is the fastest growing train company in the UK, running services between Kidderminster, Birmingham and London Marylebone. The purpose of the role is to manage Chiltern Railways customer relations and business travel teams to deliver commercial success and meet all regulatory agreements. To manage the financial budgets and compliance for these areas and mitigating against risk through constant monitoring and controls.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:-
• To Manage key business accounts and develop sales proposition in line with the organisational commercial targets and market changes
• Responsible for design and delivery of robust processes to ensure compliance is achieved across the department
• Stakeholder and contract management with retail ticketing providers to ensure all KPI’s are delivered against targets
• To deliver periodical financial forecast for revenue through business travel team
• To represent organisation at external committees as requested
• To manage and deliver cost budget, driving incentives to maximise profit
To apply, please complete the application form, enclosing your cv if you have one, and return to the Personnel Department, Marylebone Station, Great Central House, Melcombe Place, Marylebone, London, NW1 6JJ or email your application to email@example.com by 7th March 2014
Location: Banbury | Salary: £33.550k per annum | Department: | Date posted: 21/02/2014 | Closing date: 07/03/2014 | Ref No: CS12/14
Chiltern Railways is the fastest growing train company in the UK, running services between Kidderminster, Birmingham and London Marylebone. The purpose of the is to work as part of the Marylebone station management team. To lead all customer service activity whilst on duty but also to plan, develop and deliver strategies to continually to delight the customer experience. To ensure the station complies with all safety related standards and that high presentation levels are maintained at all times.
The Duty Station Manager is responsible for the effective management and day to day planning of the station operation. This includes:-
• To be the customers conscience whilst on duty at Marylebone station
• To coach, mentor and develop the customer facing team at Marylebone including booking office, barrier, train dispatchers, customer information and lost property
• To maintain cleanliness of the station via own staff and contractors
• Ensure all posters, literature and customer information is up to date
• Ensuring that all electronic information updated via the Marylebone control centre is correct and to actively instruct changes if and when required to benefit customers
To apply, please complete the application form, enclosing your cv if you have one, and return to the HR Department, Marylebone Station, Great Central House, Melcombe Place, Marylebone, London, NW1 6JJ or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 7th March 2014.
Location: Marylebone Station | Salary: £32,000 per annum | Department: | Date posted: 21/02/2014 | Closing date: 07/03/2014 | Ref No: CS11/14